Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Back into the fray.

Just recently decided to hop into my FLGS's Friday 40k league nights, and am very happy with doing so. Although I'm not entirely content with the current edition, it was enjoyable playing a new opponent for what has seemed like ages (actually probably over 6 years since I've played a pickup game with a stranger).

Decided to bring my Salamanders to the table since I'm most comfortable in power armor. No love for the Orks this week, but maybe I'll throw down with them later on. My opponent was a Tau force and we played a short 770pt game. We rolled for the mission and it was a King of the Hill with Night Fight on the first turn. Although the player was new, he was a quick learner and it was nice for me since I had forgotten many rules myself.

I managed to nuke myself on my first turn by having my Librarian use Gate of Eternity and scatter a whole squad into difficult terrain, killing 5 of them, 2 of which were special weapons. In the subsequent turn, the rest of the squad was shot to death by Fire Warriors, leaving the Librarian alone. Fortunately enough, his Terminator Armor proved worthwhile and he survived without a scratch.

As I marched my other two tactical squads up to the objective, the Librarian assaulted the nearby Fire Warriors squad and tying them up for the remainder of the game. Slight opposition was met when the Tau Commander jumped in, by after a few whiffs with my Force Weapon, I finally killed him, passing my psychic test and killing him outright. The Librarian continued to tie up the fire warriors while the tactical squads controlled the objective. A bit shot up by the ended of the game, which was cut short at turn 5 due to the store closing, but they still got the job done.

Definitely looking forward to this weeks games. Eye'd up some of the other players while I waited around, gauging what I may need to take for the future.Overall I'm enjoying the points system. Start off with only Troops and HQ available and as you progress, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support open up, as well as special characters.  And a few more games and Vulkan He'Stan will be joining the force. Then I'll be bringing some hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment