Saturday, November 5, 2011

All them teeth and no toothbrush...


My completed Bloody Barnabas.Very pleased with the swamp basing on this. My first actual detailed, multi-texture base, as I usually stick to plain basalt and gravel. Decided to go with a darker, muted color pallet, painting Barnabas with more of an American Alligator skin.

The base was done with a little bit of Spackle (Drydex brand, pink to white dry indication is fantastic), sand from the side of my pool, field grass and a bit of fine green flock. The branches are twigs I pulled from the backyard. Unfortunately I bought Water Effects (a thicker more moldable gel, instead of the regular water stuff, but it worked well enough. A bit of greenstuff on a pin and theres a few cattails.

Also building 3" swamp markers, using the same method. It'll be nice to have  a good visual when I do Swamp Pit and toss around all the shallow water!

No comments:

Post a Comment