Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bloodtrackers


All assembled (and now currently primed and basecoated as I type this) are my unit of Tharn Bloodtrackers.



Originally I wanted to bundle these ladies up in furs and hides much like the Wildlings, but after looking over the models with all their straps and bands and various acessories, filing, shaving and cutting each model would be far too time consuming and now provide results I wanted.

That still didnt stop me from lopping off the big hair and horns of the leader and giving her a fur lined hood and fur half cape.

One thing I really wanted to convey with this unit was there hunter aspects, notably the fact they have pathfinder. So I loaded up the bases with various twigs and rocks (again branches of a Rhododendron plant and regular rocks.)

The second row is a few close up of my favorite models of the bunch. I will say this to anyone looking to work on Bloodtrackers: pin the arms. Like a lot of Privateer Press' models, some of the arm connection nubs are quite small and don't provide much in terms of surface area.

Gripes aside, loved working on them and how they are coming out. Look for the painted ones soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment