Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tu'Shan Revamped!

So after much deliberation, I decided to re-make my Chapter Master Tu'shan model. Although i have a soft spot for it, its quite outdated and old when standing next to my newer stuff. For those unfamiliar with this Salamander character, he's kind of a boss :P, easily displayed in this excerpt:

"In addition, while commanding the Salamanders' veteran 1st Company, the Fire Drakes, Tu'Shan defended one of the last bridges over the River Stygies against a column of 1,000 Ork Speed Freeks, fighting consecutively for 3 days and 4 nights. By the end of the campaign, Tu'Shan was so respected that Lord Commander Dante praised him as the model of what a Space Marine should be in front of the entire assembled Blood Angels Chapter."

Ever since I saw his fluff entry in the Armageddon Codex, Tu'Shan has and still is one of the most BA marines in the Imperium.

Anywho, I started off with a basic sketch up in Photoshop of what I wanted him to look like with the BCW painter, except he would have no helmet. Going with a longer, off-kilter cloak that hangs long on one side, with a somewhat diagonal angle to the bottom. Will be doing all my cloaks and scale ala my normal Greenstuff method for it, piece by tiny piece.


Started off with the base while I waited on bitz, which ended up taking quite some time to arrive. I had a Sally Rhino door laying around, having used the other 2 on a Vindicator, so I thought it would look cool to have him standing on some wreckage over a lava flow.


Decided on using some FW stuff such as the Salamander shoulder pad (unfortunately there was only one type in stock on the bitz store but I liked it anyways) and the heavy flamer arm from Lugft Huron.
Found some nice hammers from Maxmini and I plan to use the hammer heads. This is the current Blu-Tac'd pose I'm going with. :D With a little Instant mold work, I made a greenstuff belt and chest icon courtesy of Vulkan He'stan's model.



Looking to get him glued up and fully greenstuffed over the course of this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment